We are Bowen Island’s eBike Rental company: Bowen eBikes. We rent electric bikes from our office on Cates Hill. We love exploring this island on our bikes and hope you will too!
How Can I Rent From You?
We are temporarily closed for the Winter. We re-open February 10, 2021. Have a great winter season, and see you in the new year. If you would like an eBike immediately on February 10, please email us.
Where Can I Cycle To
- Artisan Square
- Hiking Trails
- Artists and farmsteads around the island
- Remote view points
- Pack a picnic and head off to a remote beach (our favourite).
- …the list goes on!
Flexible eBike Pickup
We are happy to drop off the eBikes at your accommodations for longer duration rentals.
Arriving by ferry?
Walk off to our store, we are right in Snug Cove.
Flexible eBike DropOff Locations
You can leave your eBike locked up at the Bowen Bike Barn, or our office in Snug Cove. We can make other arrangements in advance for your most adventuresome groups.
Each rental includes a lock, a fully charged battery, and a charging cable. Please lock the eBikes when not in use.
The eBikes are Class One, pedal-assist, and capable of speeds up to 24km/hr. They do require you to spin the pedals for the electric motor to kick in. Bowen Island is a hilly place to explore and electric assisted biking is key to making the most of your visit.
- Pedalling is required to activate the electronic assist. There is no throttle trigger or button to go.
- Our current fleet of eBikes are only rated to a rider of 230lbs or less. We are looking to expand our eBike selection to include a wider range of options for our riders.
- Unfortunately, due to BC law, those under 16 can not ride an electric bike, while we would like to rent to those based on merit, and spunk, there be #rules.
COVID-19 has affected us all. There are some changes we are making to our program to ensure everyone has a safe and enjoyable visit.
Helmets are required to rent our bikes. Please bring your own helmet, and do not rely on us having one for you to purchase or rent. If you cannot produce a helmet at the time your ride is set to begin, or rent a well-fitting helmet from us, we will not be able to release the eBike.
Sanitization between each rental is standard. You will be given a clean and well-sanitized bike at the start of your rental. The eBike will be cleaned and sanitized by our staff after your ride.
Anything I shouldn’t do?
- Don’t try to get on the ferry with your eBike. Our business is based on Bowen Island and we’d like to keep all of our eBikes on island.
- Don’t try to pop a wheelie on your eBike – these are not trick bikes. Using the eBikes for tricks, wheelies, jumps or any other forms of trick-riding will violate the terms of your rental.
- Don’t ride the eBikes in the pump track park.
- Don’t attempt to swim with the bikes. They don’t float!
Refund & Cancelation policy
You can cancel up to 24 hours before your ride is set to begin and receive a full refund. Send an email to email@example.com or call 778-956-7946 and leave a voicemail with your name, phone number and scheduled reservation time.
Showing up without a helmet: We require you to wear a helmet when renting our eBikes. If you don’t have one, we currently have a very limited selection, but do not rely on us having one available. Please show up with a helmet or we cannot rent you the eBike. We will not be able to process refunds for people who show up without a helmet.
Should you have any issues with the operation of your eBike, please call us. We will drive out to meet you on the island with a new eBike, if one is available. If we cannot get your eBike working, or get you a replacement, we will happily provide a refund for your remaining rental time.