You are 20 minutes by ferry, and one adventure away from a great time.
But, where to spend the day, and make the most of your precious visit?
We are your local guides to a great day on Bowen Island. An adventure is as easy as riding an eBike.
How Can I Rent From You?
Same Day – Walk In Only. We operate on a first come first serve basis.
Use the form above: we will send you an email response as soon as we can.
Ahead of time – Reservations: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text 778-956-7946. Please let us know:
- How many people are biking?
- Are you bringing your own helmets? (we give you a discount if you do.)
- What day would you like the eBikes?
- What time would you like the eBikes at?
- How long would you like to go for?
- Is everyone 16 or older in your group?
- What is the best phone number to reach you at?
In Person: Walk off the ferry, turn left, and say hi! We are a 20 meter walk to the left when departing the ferry. For sunny summer weekends, we recommend booking in advance.
Where Can I Cycle To
- Artisan Square
- Hiking Trails
- Artists and farmsteads around the island
- Remote view points
- Pack a picnic and head off to a remote beach (our favourite).
- …the list goes on!
I hear I can get a discount?
Yes, are you staying at one of our partner locations? Ask your host if their hotel, BnB, yoga studio, or other accommodation has partnered with us.
Did you bring your own helmet? Save even more!
Each rental includes a:
- Fully Charged Battery
- Charging Cable
- Pannier or Bag (1 per every 2 bikes)
- Helmet (Discount if you bring your own)
The eBikes are Class One, pedal-assist, and capable of speeds up to 32km/hr. They do need you to spin the pedals for the electric motor to kick in. The eBikes have 500watt motors.
- BC law prohibits those under 16 from riding electric bikes. Please write into your MLA to change this.
- Above 200lbs we see a decrease in battery duration and motor assist. The absolute max weight is 247lbs.
Anything I shouldn’t do?
- Don’t get on the ferry with your eBike. Our business is based on Bowen Island and we’d like to keep all of our eBikes on island.
- Don’t try to pop a wheelie on your eBike – these are not trick bikes. Using the eBikes for tricks, wheelies, jumps will result in a $50 damage deposit being claimed.
- Don’t ride the eBikes in the pump track park.
- Don’t skid, or lock up the rear wheel to brake. You’re wearing down the tires for the next person!
- DON’T ATTEMPT any maintenance. We have hydraulic brakes on most of our eBikes. Do not attempt to remove the hoses for these hydraulic brakes.
- Don’t ride on a flat tire. Call us and we will get you a new bike or pick up the broken one, or change the tire for you.
- Don’t ‘pick’ at the batteries or labels on the bikes.
Refunds & Cancelation policy
You can cancel up to 24 hours before your ride is set to begin and receive a full refund. Send an email to email@example.com or call 778-956-7946 and leave a voicemail with your name, phone number and scheduled reservation time.
Showing up without a helmet: BC Law requires you to wear a helmet when renting our eBikes. If you don’t have one, we have one here for you for a small charge. We will not be able to process refunds for people who show up without a helmet if we don’t have one available for you.
Snow, Smoke, Heavy Rain: We do not rent in snowy or icy conditions, and terrible air quality conditions. You will not need to worry about our 24h cancellation policy if your health is at risk. We do not cancel for mist. We will cancel the eBikes in heavy rain automatically. Not you, or the bikes, enjoy being soaked.
Showing up late: We can accommodate a delay in your arrival time. Once paid for these are your eBikes, and we will happily hold onto them until you show up. Please check the ferry schedule to make sure you know when you should be in Horseshoe Bay making sure to leave EXTRA time in summer, especially for those driving on the ferry.
Should you have any issues with the operation of your eBike, please call us. We will drive out to meet you on the island with a new eBike, if one is available. If we cannot get your eBike working, or get you a replacement, we will happily provide a refund for your remaining rental time.
See our maintenance page to book
We repair bikes too! Regular bikes, mountain bikes, road bikes, gravel bikes. We have a large selection of products to purchase over here, or drop off your bike! See our maintenance page to book, and for info on how to schedule bike maintenance.
We convert regular bikes into eBikes. We can do almost any bike, or make your eBike more powerful. While we have some motors and batteries in stock, we may have to order yours in. Come on by the store to see what we have in stock for you.